NANOSMAT 5 – 5th International Conference on Surfaces, Coatings and Nanostructured Materials
REIMS, better known as the “Champagne” city of France, will host the 5th NANOSMAT conference (NANOSMAT-5). The conference will take place during 19-21 October 2010. There is no better place than the “Champagne” city of France to celebrate 5 years of successful running of NANOSMAT conferences.
As with all NANOSMAT conferences (in 2005, 2007, 2008 and 2009), NANOSMAT-5 will continue to foster the gathering of talented people from around the world to exchange ideas and information. The conference will thereby provide a platform for interactions between researchers; scientists and engineers from industry, research laboratories and academia, and it will feature state-of-the-art developments in all aspects of processing, characterisation and applications of nanostructured materials.
A major purpose of NANOSMAT conferences is to foster collaborations among scientists, engineers, researchers and industrialists, and thus to stimulate future technological developments. The event will provide ample opportunity for conference delegates to network in a friendly and supportive environment.
Following are some of the key features of NANOSMAT-5:
Nobel Laureate Lecture
Young Scientist Lecture Competition
Technical discussion Panel
2010 “NANOSMAT Prize”
Nanomedicine awards – there will be two awards presented at NANOSMAT-5:
(i) “International Journal of Nanomedicine Early Career Scientist Award”
(ii) “International Journal of Nanomedicine Distinguished Scientist Award”
We hope that you will be able to join us for what promises to be an exciting meeting, both scientifically and culturally, and we look forward to seeing you in Reims.
1. Confirmed Invited Speaker: Professor Stan Veprek (Technical University of Munich, Germany) confirmed to give an invited talk on “Search for new ultra-hard materials – Go Nano” – http://www.nanosmat-conference.com/invited.html
2. New Special Session: “Functional nanomaterials and nanotechnology approaches for advanced fuel cell technology” organiser: Professor Bin Zhu, KTH, Sweden. – http://www.nanosmat-conference.com/specialsessions.html
3. The official NANOSMAT-5 twitter has been created for interested people to follow (www.twitter.com/nanosmat5)
4. “Young Scientist Lecture Competition” will take place during 18 October 2010 at the Conference venue (Reims Congress Palace). – http://www.nanosmat-conference.com/lecturecompetition.html
5. “Poster Competition” – details on the “Poster competition” have been uploaded on the website – http://www.nanosmat-conference.com/postercompetition.html
For full details on NANOSMAT-5 visit the conference homepage
Dr N. Ali, UK (Chair)
Professor Jean Ebothe, France (Co-chair)