NanoTechJob – Permanent Researcher: Nanoscale Materials Division
NIMS Permanent Researcher: Nanoscale Materials Division, Pi-electron electronics Unit, Pi-electron electronics Group
Development and characterization of functional devices based on atomic-scale or molecular-scale structure for future low power consumption electronics. Applications of device with low-dimensional structure will be proposed from this research.
Candidates should have a Ph.D. degree or expect to receive the degree by the start of employment, with experiences in precise nano-device fabrication and characterization for development of the future nano-electronics. Experience in electronics company or collaboration for electronics development, and international research experience are expected.
Starting date: After April 1st,, 2013
Term : Retirement age 60. The applicants may be accepted as five-year of less fixed term employees if the reviewers judge that final decision should be made after watching the performance of the applicants on the job.
Word place : National Institute for Materials Science, Japan
Work Hour : Varies with working style. Flextime system and discretionary labour system are available.
Holidays: Saturdays, Sundays, and national holidays
Application deadline: September 30th, 2012
Salary / Supply :
1. Even if employed as Terminable Employment Staff, conditions are in line with the general rule for the Permanent Employees.
2. Covered under the national public service personal mutual aid system
3. Exemption from repayments of scholarship loan by JASSO (only for scholarships received by March 31, 2004)
How to apply: Applicants should check our website, and follow application procedure
Please use the provided format, which can be downloaded from our website. The application documents should be prepared in English. After filling-in and signing them yourself, convert to PDF files and send by email. (email@example.com) NIMS will use the information in your application documents only for the review.
(1) Application form
Please use the provided format, which can be downloaded from the bottom of this page.
Your originality in your research accomplishments should be described clearly within the limit of the length: 1 page (A4 size).
Research plans and future grand visions should be included within the limit of the length: 1 page (A4 size).
(4)List of publications
Clearly categorize as original papers, proceedings, reviews, oral presentations, patents, books, etc.
(5)Reprints : PDF files of no more than 3 papers
Letters of recommendation (please prepare recommendation letters from two persons.
(1) When you pass the screening of the application documents, NIMS will ask you to submit the letters of recommendation before interview.
(2) Please use the provided format, which can be downloaded from the bottom of this page.
(3) The recommendation letter should be sealed up in a separate envelope.
(4) Please note that NIMS may contact the referee directly.
Contact to : Human Resource Development Office, National Institute for Materials Science (NIMS), 1-2-1 Sengenm Tsukubam Ibaraki 305-0047 JAPAN